Explorer set-tops introduced provide video to a HDTV in the following screen resolutions:
* SDTV Screen Resolutions
- 480 lines interlaced (480i)
- 480 lines, progressive (480p)
* HDTV Screen Resolutions
- 1080 lines, interlaced (1080i), which is the factory-set default for these set-tops
- 720 lines, progressive (720p)
If a subscriber sees a black screen when turning on the HDTV, the HDTV may not support the screen resolution of 1080i, which these set-tops output to HDTVs by default.
To select a screen resolution that the subscriber's HDTV supports, follow the instructions in Selecting a Screen Resolution that your HDTV Supports, next in this section.
Important: Before beginning these instructions, make sure that you know the screen resolution that your HDTV supports. If you don't know the screen resolution, refer to the user manual that came with the HDTV.
After you know the screen resolution the HDTV uses, follow these steps to enable the set top to provide the HDTV video in the screen resolution that your HDTV supports.
Note: All of the keys used to select a compatible screen resolution are on the front of the set-top.
1. If the set-top is off, press the Power key to turn it on.
2. Press and hold the Select key on the front of the set-top until the Message Light blinks.
3. Then press the VOL - key to indicate that you want to select a screen resolution setting.
Result: The display on the front of the set-top shows HdSr to indicate that you are in the Screen Resolution mode.
4. Use the table on this page to find the screen resolution that your HDTV supports. Then follow the instructions in the table to select this setting for the set-top.
Note: You have 20 seconds to select a new screen resolution setting. After 20 seconds, HdSr disappears to indicate that the set-top is no longer in the
Screen Resolution mode. If this occurs, repeat this procedure by starting at step 2.
Process for Selecting a Screen Resolution that your HDTV Supports
|For a Screen
||The front of the set-top
||Then the set-top briefly
Note: If, after completing this procedure, the HDTV screen remains black, call our support staff at 241-2288 and press 2 during the recording.